Most people have been watching a television show that breaks for commercials, and on these commercials, that would be advertising some dental product. In this product, the announcer would state that “4 out of 5 Dentists recommend” and enter the brand name. These types of commercials are going strong, ranging from new toothpaste on the market to sugarless gums that people can purchase. However, what does this mean?
The Statement "4 out of 5 Dentists" Explained by Your General Dentistry in Mentor OH
In all reality, the statement that 4 out of 5 dentists agree is just an average that the company is taking from a small sampling. The problem with this is that:
1. Your brain automatically thinks that the product, whether it be a toothpaste or gum, is going to come recommended by 90% of dental professionals.
2. This is what most advertisers want you to think. However, the reality is slightly skewed.
What Do You Do Next?
The question that many people wonder after knowing that this statement is often a bit less than what people thinks it means, is what they should do? Perhaps it is a new toothpaste that is promising wonders for your teeth. Do you use this or not? The best advice for those who see these dental products in which four out of five dentists recommend so to talk to your dentist. Your dentist is going to have:
1. The best knowledge of your teeth and what is truly going to work for you.
2. Whether this is something that you should consider.
3. They may even have recommendations for the result that you are wanting with this new product, without having to resort to buying this new product.
Remember, your general dentistry in Mentor OH is the opinion in which you should trust. The commercials that state four out of five dentists recommend is not as informative as most people think!
To learn more and to see what we recommend to improve your smile, call Erieview Dental today at (440) 357-1222.